Fixed Lites are fantastic when used as a splash back
Fixed Lites provide extra light into the room and can be used as a feature
Use where extra ventilation is not required
Fixed Lites compliment other windows in the room
“Fixed windows are used for light and views. They often compliment other windows or doors where extra ventilation is not required.”
Features and Benefits
- The view! Fixed windows are fantastic for capturing a crystal clear view
- They provide extra light into a room (where other windows and doors provide the ventilation)
- No screens required – why screen a window that doesn’t need it? Use a fixed lite there instead
- Small fixed lites can be very effective too, consider repeating a few small windows in a row for a great effect
- Use a fixed window in between other windows to break up the look, i.e. awning, fixed, awning
Types and Sizing
We have several types of fixed windows.
SW series – this is a 40mm deep suite that matches the sliding windows.
EA series – this is a 40mm deep frame. The A-series fixed window has a very aesthetically pleasing look. Internally the product has a flush finish and externally a square bead inside the frame. It is nice and easy to keep clean.
EA series and SW series fixed lites can be coupled to sliding windows, awnings, double hungs, casements.
DF series – this is an 89mm deep frame. This product has a similar look and glazing system to the EA series. The DF series frame depth is the same as a sliding door and therefore they can be coupled together quite easily. The DF series is capable of a much larger single panel, up to a 1800mm by 2100mm or equivalent.
Smaller depth windows (such as double hungs, awnings / casements, or sliding windows) may be set inside the DF series frame to:
- match other DF series windows in the same room
- assist in coupling to other products (especially doors)
- create a semi-commercial feel to your windows